Monday, February 22, 2010

Egypt Day 13

We didn't do a lot today. In the morning we toured the Temple of Horus, which was awesome! I have taken tons of pictures and broke down and bought a new memory card for way too much money, but there is so much cool stuff here. We sailed most of the day and went through a lock in the afternoon. I never have heard of one of these before, but apparently when you are going from the water on one level to water that is significantly lower, you have to go through one of these. It was interesting to see. There were even people selling things on the shore and the kids would swim them out to the boats. Our guide calls them hustlers and on the first day there were really little kids selling bracelets, and he told me "there are even baby hustlers here" :-) We sailed down the Nile and I listened to some of my bands music and had a drink. It was an extremely relaxing afternoon and evening. It was really quite emotional for me for some reason, but I am getting ready to come home. I have learned so much and experienced things that I never thought I would. After dinner there were some really cool dancers that we watched before going to bed. The next couple of days are going to be crazy. Tomorrow, we get up at 5 and leave by 6 to tour all of Luxor, after lunch we go to catch a plane back to Cairo and we stay there for the night. The next day, we get up at 5 and leave at 6 and travel like mad until we get home. In New Mexico time, we will leave at 9 pm on Monday and get home at 2 pm on Wednesday. It's gonna be nuts!

On the celebrity sighting front, I have tried everything I know to fish for information with this girl without being obvious and totally severing all ties of communication. If she is the girl, she very clearly doesn't want anyone to know, so I don't want to ask her straight out. She gets very uncomfortable when anything personal comes up, so something is going on for sure, I'm just not sure what. Here are my clues so far: her hair is black but has grown out for quite some time and is brown at the top. It seems very possible that it has grown out since filming the last movie, maybe like 9 months to a year of brown hair and the rest is black. The cons are that she does not seem like the actress type to me. She lives in Vancouver, Canada, but that doesn't mean anything to me because I have no idea where the actress is from. Her and her mom are acting really weird at times, so I'm not sure what's going on. We'll see what transpires tomorrow.

No comments: